Come work on my team. We actually have two new jobs posted, one for a graduate student. Click the links for considerably more information about both.
- Researcher – The Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement (CIRCLE) – (15001652)
The Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement (CIRCLE) is a leading research center that studies young Americans’ civic development and participation. CIRCLE is the premier source of information—facts, trends, evaluations, and best practices—related to youth civic learning and engagement. CIRCLE shares the results of its research with policy makers, practitioners, journalists, and scholars in various disciplines.
CIRCLE is seeking a full-time Researcher to conduct research and to help manage some of CIRCLE’s research and evaluation projects. Reporting to the Director of CIRCLE and based on the Medford/Somerville Tufts University Campus, the Researcher will work as part of the CIRCLE team on CIRCLE products and activities. The Researcher will also interact with a larger group of colleagues at Tisch College, and will be expected to participate in various college-wide initiatives such as college-wide events and assistance with student program evaluations. Specific responsibilities include:
- Serving as an Researcher on a range of research projects that may include secondary data-analysis, literature reviews, field experiments, program evaluations and other original data collection (via survey or other methods);
- Curating and preparing datasets of various sizes and formats for research use;
- Producing reports, fact sheets and press releases on timely and relevant topics, often in close collaboration with CIRCLE colleagues;
- Providing feedback, assistance, and support to colleagues at Tisch College and CIRCLE on research-related tasks, as needed;
- Representing CIRCLE at a wide range of events including research conferences;
- Answer queries from reporters about CIRCLE research;
- Performing administrative duties as needed, as they pertain to CIRCLE operations; and
- Participating in activities and meetings that involve Tisch College staff.
To join a team of researchers working on the National Study of Learning, Voting, and Engagement (NSLVE) at the Jonathan M. Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service, Tufts University. NSLVE is a service to colleges and universities nationwide, providing colleges and universities with their students’ voter registration and voting rates, broken down by individual student characteristics (e.g., field of study). Currently, the database consists of nearly 700 colleges and universities and 6.7 million de-identified student records.
- Support data analysis of a large national dataset: Calculate tailored campus-level data for participating institutions. Respond to internal data requests for data for presentations and resources
- Resource development: Support the development of the resources and tools for colleges and universities. Support the development of publications, both peer reviewed and self-published, on college student political engagement
PhD candidate preferred; MA candidate will be considered based on quantitative research experience