The annual Frontiers of Democracy conference at Tufts is coming up: July 13 (5-7 pm) to July 15 (noon) at Tufts University in Medford, MA. We have an excellent complement of registered participants, but there is still room for some more to register.
- Nine profound and experienced thinkers who will discuss religious pluralism, democracy, and racial equity in plenary panels.
- Twenty-one carefully constructed, interactive concurrent sessions on a range of topics, from the North Carolina Leadership Forum’s model of transpartisan dialogue to lowering the voting age, from faith and trauma to climate resilience, from civic education to community organizing.
- Six opportunities to learn specific methods of democratic practice in training sessions.
- The rough-cut of a new documentary, with an opportunity to influence the final version.
- Open-space discussions of topics that you can propose on the spot.
- A display of books by authors at the conference, which you can purchase.
- A beautiful art installation celebrating a major influence on our conference, Elinor Ostrom.
- Snacks and meals.
- Lots of interaction with 100 or more experienced and diverse activists for democracy from several countries.
The draft agenda is here: https://tufts.app.box.com/v/tisch-frontiers-2023-schedule. Registration information is here.