Today, Philanthropy for Active Civic Engagement (PACE) hosted a webinar on “America’s Civic Renewal Movement.” I was a speaker along with:
- Eric Liu, Citizen University
- Kelly Born, Hewlett Foundation
- Joan Blades, Living Room Conversations
- Kristen Cambell, PACE
- Video: A recording of the discussion is available here. (Please note: recording began early and unfortunately cannot be clipped, so the discussion begins in earnest about 20 minutes in) [Fixed version here]
- Chat: Attendees were actively engaged in conversation and sharing links, resources and ideas in the “chat” box, so that transcript is also being made available.
Webinar Description: A recently released paper, “America’s Civic Renewal Movement,” explores current sentiments toward civic engagement and identifies opportunities and challenges to expanding our civic infrastructure. This webinar explored philanthropy’s role in supporting and engaging in this movement, and how practitioners perceive foundations’ willingness to partner on these efforts.