(en route to Georgia for the holidays) As it says on the CIRCLE website:
It has been a busy, productive, and satisfying year. In the past 12 months, we have released a groundbreaking major report, taken a leadership role in several initiatives to improve civic education, advised and evaluated youth development programs, and even helped design and evaluate an innovative multiplayer game.
Last month, we released the CIRCLE Annual Report, which offers an overview of all our work from August 2012 to September 2013. Some highlights:
- Released “That’s Not Democracy,” a study on inequality in civic participation opportunities
- Convened the Commission on Youth Voting and Civic Knowledge following the 2012 election
- Helped inform the new “C3″ framework for social studies state standards from the National Council for the Social Studies
- Provided technical assistance to more than 100 individual organizations
- Were referenced nearly 300 times in the news media
The Annual Report also looks ahead to the work we will embark on in the near future. For example, we are excited about opportunities to play a role in evaluating and refining emerging tools for civic education like multiplayer games, massive open online courses (MOOCs), and e-portfolios of students’ civic work.
We are extremely grateful to our many friends, funders, colleagues, and collaborators from the past year. See you in 2014!
Read the full 2012-2013 Annual Report.