All are welcome to a webinar symposium presented by the Tufts Research Group on Equity in Health, Wealth, and Civic Engagement on Friday, November 19, 2021 from 10:00 am to noon ET. Register here.
(10-11:15) Presentations of current research, moderated by Shikhar Shrestha:
- Jennifer Allen, ScD, MPH, Parents’ Willingness to Vaccinate Children for COVID-19: Conspiracy Theories, Information Sources, and Perceived Responsibility.
- Eden Shaveet, BA, Marissa Gallegos, BS, Catie Urquhart, Web-Based Health Information Seeking Methods and Time Since Provider Engagement: Reflections on Access Equity.
- Wenhui Feng, PhD, Ideology and health behavior.
- Megan Mueller, PhD, Equity and the “pet effect”: Complexities in understanding how pets support health outcomes.
(11:15-noon) Panel discussion: Examining our Definition of Equity
What is implicit conception of “equity” is represented on the website, with its data-visualization tool? How should people think about equity?
- Peter Levine, PhD, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Tufts Johnathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life (moderator)
- Lionel McPherson, PhD Tufts Department of Philosophy
- Felipe Dias, PhD, Tufts Department of Sociology
- Elizabeth Setren, PhD, Tufts Department of Economics
(The graphic above is a sample result from the tool on the homepage.)