Program Manager, Student Research – Tisch College-(21001763)
(This is a part-time position, working 17.5 hours per week.)
The full listing and a link to apply are here.
The Program Manager will lead a team of paid student researchers who function like a research consultancy, conducting projects in support of Tisch College faculty and research groups housed within Tisch College, such as CIRCLE, the Institute for Democracy and Higher Education, the Center for State Policy Analysis, the Tufts Community Research Center at Tisch College, the Tufts Priority Research Group on Equity, and others. Periodically, the team may also study or evaluate Tisch College programs. Projects may involve survey research, analysis of existing data, interviews, focus groups, observations, literature reviews, and other methods. Given the mission of Tisch College, research will almost always involve civic engagement as a topic.
The Program Manager selects students for the research team and organizes them to work effectively together. Criteria for selecting students should include some prior coursework in research methods and/or prior experience with research. Therefore, teaching fundamental research methods is not a responsibility of this position. However, students may require additional training and support for particular projects.
The Program Manager consults closely with Tisch College professional researchers to identify appropriate projects and to determine the methods, timelines, deliverables, etc. for each project.
The Program Manager works with the student team to accomplish all aspects of each research project, including—when appropriate—research design, Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval, data collection, analysis, and communication of results. The Program Manager is responsible for the quality of the research as well as the learning opportunity for the student researchers.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the supervision of all program staff and students, financial and administrative oversight, and budget management.
- MA degree with 3-5 yrs. experience in area of research.
- Direct prior experience with all major aspects of social science research.
- Experience teaching or leading groups of undergraduates.
- Experience working on collaborative research.
- Ph.D. or coursework completed toward a PhD.
- Both qualitative and quantitative research methods and experience.
- Experience producing research that is meant for a public audience or for practitioners (not just academic publication).
- Knowledge of aspects of civic engagement as a research topic.