Social Ontology 2018: The 11th Biennial Collective Intentionality Conference
On August 22-25, 2018, Tufts University will host the biennial Collective Intentionality conference, with the Tisch College of Civic Life as a co-sponsor. This interdisciplinary and international conference will bring together people who study the nature of the social world and how to improve our models of it.
- Approaches to the metaphysics of the social world
- Collective intentionality and group cognition
- The nature of institutions, firms, and organizations
- The metaphysics of race and gender
- The nature of law and legal applications of social ontology
- Collective responsibility
Interdisciplinary contributions are encouraged.
- Sally Haslanger, Ford Professor of Philosophy, MIT
- Kit Fine, Silver Professor of Philosophy, NYU
- Daron Acemoglu, Killian Professor of Economics, MIT
- Scott Shapiro, Southmayd Professor of Law and Philosophy, Yale
- Edwin Etieyibo, Associate Professor of Philosophy, Univ. of Witswatersrand
- Amie Thomasson, Professor of Philosophy, Dartmouth (tentative)
More information about the organizers, how to submit abstracts, and even an essay prize are all here.
This entry was posted in philosophy
. Bookmark the permalink